Learning & Development Manager
Job Title: Learning and Development Manager
Job ID: 39018
Job Type: Permanent
A Training Provider with over 25 years’ experience in offering fleet consultancy, driver assessment and training services across the world are currently recruiting for a Learning and Development Manager to join their Basingstoke team.
This is a new position for the company and will lead the development of the Leaning and Development strategy through to delivery of best in class learning capabilities. The role will centre on the structured development of Best in Class outcome-based assessments and on-road, classroom and e-learning/digital capabilities for trainers and course attendees. It will require working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver high quality blended online, workshop and on-road based learning content and courses.
- To identify, develop and implement an effective learning strategy and capability to deliver bespoke driver risk management training based on identified driver training needs, utilising appropriate delivery channels (on and off-line)
- To identify, develop and implement appropriate methods of assessment for measuring driver risk and for delivering effective and timely learning interventions
- To set the standards for the delivery of learning and development interventions
- To be a learning and development Subject Matter Expert, supporting our sale efforts
- Overall responsibility for the development of trainers in the UK and partners internationally and the quality of delivery of training provided across UK and International Markets.
- To support the Head of Police / Fleet Director in managing a team of Regional Training Managers. To further ensure, via best practice, that required standards are consistently met in the management of trainers across the Police and Fleet sectors.
- To design training lessons in conjunction with other disciplines such as sales and customer service
- To research industry trends, training strategies, tools and methodologies and apply that knowledge in order to deliver Best in Class training
- To ensure that all process and procedures are fit for purpose, documented and updated and are consistent with agreed standards (to be developed)
- To measure the effectiveness of our learning / e-learning delivery against agreed KPIs
- Ensure the development of effective Train the Trainer sessions and provide support to and coach trainers in the facilitation of technical skills trainings
- To deliver the above within budget and agreed timescales
- L&D Techniques
- Responsibilities of people managers
- Managing Contracts
- Some knowledge of ISO standards
- Driver Training in the UK and Internationally
- Proven Learning and Development experience and delivery in an appropriate field within a medium to large matrix organisation
- Digital and e-learning experience and evidence of an applied approach to delivering effective and innovative learning solutions
- Extensive people management experience
- Experience in managing teams of both in house and external trainers
- Experience of project management
- Delivering Training
- Customer service experience
- CIPD qualified
- Fluent written and spoken English, competency in other languages an asset
- Excellent planning and organisational abilities
- Excellent leadership skills
- Influencing and persuasion
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Budget management
If this sounds like a good match, then please get in touch ASAP as interviews are taking place immediately.